2007-02-22

week 25 and we are melting!!!!

thar she blows! yup thats the belly
took this picture this morning before work
my daily morning routine has shifted slightly because it now takes me almost twenty minutes to put on a pair of tights, but i do like wearing tights (holds the belly up) and about ten minutes to tie my shoes, not to mention the thirty five layers one must wear in order to survive the minus degree temperatures........
and since bec finds the weather almost more interesting than the pregnancy lets just say yesterday it was 45 degrees...which means the cat still won't go out unless you provide her with a canoe and those four feet of snow are melting into smaller versions of lake erie........
now that i have gotten my fascination with the weather out of the way
THE BABY:
well she is kickin' alot which means i am down to a few hours of sleep a night and alot of tossing and turning because of course she likes to kick when mom's sleeping. i went out for mexican food the other day with my friend moe which was lots of fun but i have learned that eating spicy food gives her hiccups....aaron found this amusing as my belly jumped from one place to the next.
aaron has taken to talking to her lots which gets her kickin' and doing somersaults......
did you know that in the star fish family the males have the babies?

little baby girl is doing well we are still thinkin' up names but have narrowed them down to:
sloan : lena
i am sure tomorrow we will have five new ones picked out but we have time so there is no rush
there is a rush on the house though as we only have three more months to go and bec can't bend over very well anymore so this is were we are at:
going to start building the bookshelves in the living room this weekend - which means all the books and that is A LOT of books can be moved downstairs - which means the computer can be moved into aaron's studio - which means the nursery can be painted!
see there is a plan for all this madness
the dining room is coming along still sanding the walls but should be done this weekend so its a matter of paint
started priming the dresser/changing table
ordered the nursery glider (which is yellow corduroy) will get a picture when it comes in takes 6 to 8 weeks to order!
we start our birthing classes next sunday and get a tour of the hospital
it is amazing to think in four months we will have a little baby girl!
aaron has been busy staring at the sky picturing his life as a daddy
he put together her first little radio flyer over the weekend!




i think that's it for this week once again mark your calender
MAY 19, 2007 3pm-8pm BABY BBQ SHOWER AND PICNIC!!!!!




3 comments:

holly_44109 said...

what a pretty dress you're wearing!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I'm getting more excited by the day. Beckey you are looking beautiful!!!! Did your Mom tell you that I am restoring her tricycle that she had when she was little and that all of us rode and that you and Melodye played on. I am looking for a front tire as that one is cracked and PawPaw put a maytag hose clamp on to hold it together. I don't think that is very safe so if I can't find a wheel I may try something eles a little softer to fix it with. We are going through some old pictures trying to find one when it was new and trying to make it just like it was 55 years ago. It still has the original seat and I will recover that. I can't wait to get it done. I may try to fly up for the baby shower, it just depends on the weather and the $$$. Love you both and I know you both are going to make a great mommy and daddy. I love the radio flyer. What a great toy and I love the rocker too. Can't wait to set in it and rock baby. Take care and I'll talk to you later. Let me hear rom you. Aunt Cyndie

Anonymous said...

Aaron and Becky,

Well at least know that when your up at 3 AM with a feeding that probably means I'll be up too. If you ever get bored or just need someone to talk to at that hour call me! Jeanne